Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Home is open for the Lord's Work










Dear Growing Together;

I am a born again Christian and have finally found my place in the Christian world.
I am sharing this letter I wrote to our new Pastor. See Post above.

Dear Pastor Mike:
I'm sorry you did not get to meet my husband when he came to pick us up. You were there in the sanctuary one minute and had disappeared when he came the next!

I have had many healings through the Lords intervention these last few weeks
and I know he has prepared me to do His work and
led me to you to be used in His work.
Anything I can offer your church is yours for the asking.

I signed up for the family bible camp and other things I could see on the table.

T was happy and said, "I really like this church" several times on the way home, which made me very happy indeed.

He is our newest in a long line of foster children.

I have been pushing for and waiting for two years back pay on social security

disability payments from which I will tithe this church for the building fund

and missionary fund and plate passing as soon as it comes,

hopefully by next Sunday.


After that I will be broke again,

so I hope that keeps me in good standing for a very long time.

With that money, or rather the hope of that money,

we have been fixing up our home and yard to be a place for kids to come,

with a basketball court on the driveway;

in our back yard we have an enclosed patio, wading pool,

badmittion-volley ball net, and across 1000 East

The city of Orem has graciously put in a grassy park in which

we can play foot ball or base ball or crochet which we have equipment for.

We also plan a sunken trampoline in the back yard.

We have two bedrooms for foster boys and two downstairs which I wanted to use and

fixed up for offices, I am fixing one for now for a rental room for college students. I keep one for a counseling office and my computer room where I do genealogy and other research and blogging.

The Lord has blessed me in so many ways.

We welcome the church members and neighbors in our home and yard for parties and socials throughout the year. That is why we are making it the 'go to home".

Much like the bridegroom inviting everyone to his party,

we have been pretty well rejected by the people in this neighborhood,

so we are glad to open it up to everyone else.

We live at 1000 East 800 North just West of the mouth of the Canyon,

about a block and a half east of Harmon's Grocery Store, very accessible.

We look forward to a long association with your congregation,

and will probably be attending the 9 a.m. Session from now on,

because T and I also want to attend a Spanish speaking church

at 1 to improve our Spanish so we can do the Lord's work in Spanish,

and also my counseling in Spanish more fluently.

Thank you for welcoming us into your congregation.

It was a real rush this morning.

LoLyn and T.

No comments:

Post a Comment