Saturday, April 25, 2009

Master Bedroom and Laundry room

-Jose just left about an hour ago.

He's been working on the bedroom window, which he called in Spanish, how did it translate, oh, yeah, "shoddy workmanship."

He encased the entire window and wrapped in in the same design of wood as the crown molding we got for the top of the walls, not just the sill but the entire inside and down around the walls at a 90o angle on the wall,

if you get what I mean, all around the whole window.

We took the drapes, all three layers down, and I've been washing them,

now Steve is moving the brackets for me back to the original positions so we can stretch the drapes back out to cover 7/8 of the wall.

It is magnifique!

We had them all squished up because the remodeling company which shall remain nameless from now on, decided they would shrink them down to fit the third window they replaced our old window with, and squash them up to fit that span rather than do as I asked and leave the whole span across that wall; now it is back to how I requested.

A-n-y-w-a-y I spilled a small can of dark brown wood stain on the kitchen floor so as I swept it up I just spread it out all over the dining room area and darkened the ugly vinyl in that area. If it dries it will look pretty good. I had to use paint thinner to spread it so that didn't help my lungs which I poisoned yesterday with home made mustard gas cleaning the bathroom.

Don't do this at home; Spic and Span with toilet cleaner and bleach makes mustard gas which is deadly to breath.

Poison control center said I probably shouldn't have mixed them, but since I had, to open all the windows, which I had done already, I am mentally ill not stupid, and sit or walk around outside for at least an hour.

They called later to see if I were OK.

By the time Steven got home from SLC I had recovered pretty well.

Don't do this at home, or anywhere.

This you can do. I'll even send you the clip art and instructions:

I had a piece of the paneled door we put at the top of the basement stairs and on the basement windows that we didn't use, so it got broken, and I was going to toss it, but it looked like an old washboard so I asked Steven to cut it off and used the solid part. I polyetherined some pictures of old fashioned wash stuff like clothes pins, wash tub, wringer washer, scrub board and laundry instructions to it and had T help me put it up over the washer in the laundry; it is too cute to describe; you just gotta come see it; I will take a photo but that won't do it justice.

Our home is looking so great.

Even the chestnut tree we cut down and out of which I am making a rail fence around the garden is BLOOMIN.

Talk about resiliant. AMAZING.

I'll be posting photos soon.

Love LoLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment