Saturday, April 25, 2009

Amish lace and Garden tool shed

AS my brother, your uncle Glenn would say, I finally had a rush of brains to the head and realized that sheer curtain on the patio gets dirty because everyone tries to push it out of the way to get though I even quizzed Steven and our proctor son, they both denied it but the boy finally admitted that every night he pushes it closed, even though I have pushed it open past the center screw to keep it out of the way of dirty little hands. And I had blamed my grand kids, but they just haven't been here enough to soil it so much.

A-n-y-w-a-y I found a short rod while cleaning out that shed and Steven installed it on the blank wall from the door to the corner, and then we shortened the rod back to the center point, washed the drapes again, and put them up in two sections; from the freezer to the center point, then no curtain at the exit point, then curtain over the wall to the other corner. It looks nice, and will hopefully stay cleaner. That is real Amish lace, and I just hated to let it get dirty but didn't want to take it down either.

Jose finished the chain link fence and rock walk around the garden. He built and welded a re-bar base to the basketball pole which will be cemented into the concrete slab "eterrado" (entoumbed) at the end of the b-ball court.

I finally went to the doctor, the pain in my rib got so much worse today, only today did I realize I had broken in in my fall last Friday morning before leaving for Argosy. I think moving that heavy desk probably did not do it any good.
I used my back brace placed higher to hold it in place for the ride, but the doc said not to wear it too much because it appeared to be cutting off my breathing.
On the way home we stopped at Hale theatre to schedule our season tickets for "As You LIke it "in three weeks; can't do the 16th we have classes, next week is too soon to sit through, so my rib should be healed about right by the 23. Always good to check things off the list.

My ENT called back about the green speutem and said I should STOP the sinus irrigation and take an RX oral perscription he called in for me, then scheduled a CT scan on my sinuses again for Monday to try to see what's going on. After two and a half months of medicated sinus irrigation daily, ya think it would be clearing up. Maybe, he said, we can fix that cough. When??????

I have gotten the shed water sprayed out and thrown things away by the box load. It will be so neat to have space for the garden tools and lawn mower and snow blower. We don't have much so it's nice to be able to take care of the tools we do have properly.

Mom/sister/ auntie

No comments:

Post a Comment