Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Come to My "Yard Sale" Plants and Seeds


Mike McGroaty (see Gardening Ideas Blog) gave me some good tips about starting plants for my neighbors and selling them cheap to help them and me. I've been waiting for two years to get my disability check, and haven't had a single check come through. I even got my Medicare Card, which requires a two year wait, but no deposits from disability. I'm about out of money, in fact I am out of money, so we've been doing all these projects with things we already have and putting off paying Jose while waiting for the check to come through. i gotta make some money to put back my temporary crown and pay Jose.
We have plants from seeds I gathered in the neighborhood as I took walks last fall.
Some are vines, some are trees and some are even lilac and trumpet vine, and those cute little bushes the humming birds like. Sweat peas, zinas, daizys, 4:00's, cosmos and other of many variety.

SOOOOO. We're having our Cinco de Mayo "yard Sale" every weekend in May.

We'll be gone to University classes on May 16, but here the rest of the time, Thursday through Saturday afternoon, 9 a. m through 5.00 P.m.


Some things I know what are include trumpet vine (little tiny plants today) and some things are just pure faith, ceder berry bushes, and other trees from seeds, some from starts.

I have sarts of berries and grapes in a barrel of water (seperated and labeled) come get them now and watch them grow roots.

Come get them later and pay for the potted plants.



I've made starts of orchard trees, mint, myrtl, and other plants I have growing prolifically in my rocky ground.

myrtl,


I have rasberries that I got bare rooted, and planted in planters that are leafing out, and asperagus ready to grow (you'll have to wait a couple of years to have some to eat but so much less time than if you planted from seed. They are big ol hunking root sysems, with centers as big as my fist. I even have the name of the species.


Just come see.I'm not asking for charity, just a fair price for some work I've been able to do in my yard here at home.

SOOOO You can buy them from me already coming up and ready to give for mother's day or Cinco de Mayo, or graduation gifts, or birthdays or.... well you get the drift.




I wasn't very smart last fall. Infact I was in a chemically induced lobotomized stage and I put all the seeds in one box and mixed them up together.

this spring I was a little smarter and planted them indoors so they got a little head start in cute little boxes and baskets and planters.

I have packets of seeds you can start yourself, grab bag style for $.50.

I do have a whole dill pickle jar of wild sun flower seeds that grew near my yard and you can have a scoop of those for a quarter.

Some of the things I recognize shooting up are four o'clocks, cosmos, sweet peas.


I have seeds growing in several planters, and all around my yard. As it grows I can sort it out and tell you what it is, and as they get larger I will transplant them into larger container, label them and charge more for them. This weekend I'll sell it grab bag style, and you can just pay for the container and growing objects in it $5 to $12 dollars for the really cute ones.
If you just want a sample I can give it away for a buck.




Come and see and enjoy Mexican Music and Cinco De Mayo atmosphere in my back yard. You can even bat a soft ball around while your wife makes those all important decisions.

LoLyn

No comments:

Post a Comment